Silicon Valley’s visionary investor Vinod Khosla gave a speech at the ThinkGreen Conference that managed to hit all of his controversial bullet points in the first 10 minutes.
According to GigaOm’s earth2tech blog, here’s the bullet points of the video clip:
- I believe we can replace oil in 20 years or less. And we can do it cheaper than oil. I believe we can do the same with coal-based power.
- What we need is to focus on scaling and economics. This is a policy problem, not a technology problem.
- Photovoltaics are great investments but not material to climate change.
- Forget plug-ins — they are nice toys; they will not be material to climate change.
- Hydrogen is not even a toy, it is a bad idea.
- Don’t listen to what most environmentalists say, because they come up with ideas that can’t scale.
- You can’t tell somebody they can’t watch their NFL game because the wind isn’t blowing.
- Capital formation from private investors is the key to this business.
Vinod Khosla has started Blogging recently. If you haven’t seen this already, check out his blog
One response to “Vinod Khosla on record: We Can Replace Oil in 20 Years or Less”
I wonder if someone can tell me when/if Calera will become a public company? I would like to invest in Dr. Konstantz’ business of reclaiming carbon emissions for concrete manufacture. I think the plan makes phenomenal sense. I just hope government regulations don’t impede it’s sure success. Please email me any information about investing if public investment becomes an available option.